What is our goal in the long run?
We're the people who actually make an impact in changing the world for the better - we leave just endlessly talking about it to other people. And taking action! On our platform, people who want to help meet people who are in need of support. Directly & transparent. You and many others who can be world-improvers, who make our place grow and thrive. We are a small non-profit organization located in Harlan, Kentucky works on helping people and changing lives.
Harlan County Community Action Agency, Inc. (HCCAA), is a private non-profit 501(C)(3) corporation that began on January 21, 1969, for the purpose of alleviating poverty in Harlan County, Kentucky. The overall purpose of HCCAA is to turn hope into reality and make our low-income individuals more self-sufficient. HCCAA gives a voice to the less fortunate and provides services whether in-house or by our community partners. HCCAA provides a multitude of various programs to assist low-income individuals and families to achieve and sustain self-sufficiency and a sense of well-being in the community. HCCAA programs help to provide better everyday living for persons in the service area. Our agency is needed for transportation, utility and security deposits assistance, medicine, child care, youth services, college tuition, weatherization assistance, homeless assistance, etc.
Harlan County Community Action Agency, Incorporated is an active member in the Community Action Partnership, South Eastern Association for Community Action Agencies, and Community Action Kentucky.
The mission of Harlan County Community Action Agency, Inc. (HCCAA) is to utilize all available resources to assist eligible individuals and families to acquire useful skills and knowledge, gain access to new opportunities, and achieve economic self-sufficiency, empowering them to become more effective partners of society, therefore creating a better community.
The vision of Harlan County County Community Action Agency, Inc. (HCCAA) is to expand our current services offered and foster new and innovative ideas and programs to meet our changing community needs to help ensure that our customers become independent and maintain a state of self-sufficiency so that they may become an asset in the community.
Our Value Statement
The value statement of Harlan County County Community Action Agency, Inc. (HCCAA) is committed to these values in our actions and our relationships with coworkers, clients, community partners, and the community at large.
- Commitment: We are committed to ensuring people know what resources are available in the community and helping people make the most of these resources.
- Integrity: Our actions and decisions are consistent with our values and our mission to meet our clients' needs equitably and impartially.
- Care: We treat all people with compassion, dignity, and worth.
- Stewardship: We manage our resources responsibly for the greatest benefit to our clients.
- Teamwork: We work together both within our agency and community partners to serve our clients.
- Transparency: We maintain transparency to the community, funding sources (both state and federal) through open business practices and by our Code of Ethics.