Harlan County CAA begins LIHEAP Summer Cooling TODAY July 12 until October 31st or until funds are no longer available!!
Applications by APPOINTMENT ONLY
Call 573-5335 to schedule an appointment for LIHEAP Summer Cooling Program
The program is designed to help offset the cost of higher electric bills due to rising temperatures. Applications will be accepted during the enrollment period, or until designated funds are depleted on a first-come, first-serve basis. Income eligibility for the program is up to and including 150% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Benefits are paid directly to the electric vendor.
The Subsidy component provides households one-time benefit ranging from $100 to $400 depending on income levels and housing category.
The Crisis component is available to eligible households who demonstrate a home energy crisis situation. Crisis benefits will cover the minimum needed to alleviate the crisis not to exceed $600. Households can reapply each time they experience a crisis situation until maximum benefit is reached.
· Households must bring a disconnect/past due notice (example: arrearage payment plan, past due notice, termination notice, or final notice). If rent includes cooling, a copy of lease and eviction notice.
All applicants will be required to supply the following documentation at the time of application:
· Proof of Social Security Number or Permanent Residence card (Green Card) for each member of the household.
· Proof of all household’s (all members) income from the preceding month.
· Most current electric bill, statement from your landlord if electric is included in your rent, statement from utility company if you participate in a Pre-Pay Electric Program.
· The account number and name on the account for main heating fuel sources and electric bill.