Harlan County CAA implemented “Shopping Assistance” during the COVID-19 pandemic. We will take orders from Harlan County residents who are unable to shop for themselves or protect themselves during this time of physical distancing.
What is it?
Harlan County CAA shopping assisters will take orders for food and/or personal items, pick up items, and deliver to clients’ houses.
What can you get for me?
Items will include food items, personal care, and pharmacy drop off/pick up.
How does it work?
- FREQUENCY: We will shop one time per week for any household, and request they only request needed items for a week period. We cannot bulk shop for anyone as most stores have limits on quantities.
- DISTRICT ZONE: We will set up daily requests by each District. Harlan County have 5 Districts; each District area will have a dedicated day to make requests.
- REIMBURSEMENT: We will pay for the items upfront with startup funds. Clients will reimburse via cash or check, and there will be no charge for the service. We will not take and return EBT cards at this time. The assister will request 2 receipts, one for the client and one for CAA records.
Good to know:
- Clients may need to provide documentation to validate their status.
- Assisters will deliver food in protective items such as masks, gloves, etc. and change as appropriate.
- Most stores are offering senior hours; we can use these hours to shop to honor physical distancing, and only shop at one preferred store for each client. In consideration of time and volume of requests, there will be NO “store hopping”.
- Clients will have to understand that specific items may not be in stock or brand may not be available, they will accept equivalent to or say no about specific items when ordering, For example: you may want lucks pinto beans. If the assister can’t find lucks, will you take an off-brand or store brand?
We will take orders as follows using your magisterial districts:
|Designated Day||District #||Magistrate||Communities Serving|
|Monday||District 1||Clark Middleton||Coxton, Blackjoe, Golden Ash, Kitts, Rex, Harlan Gas, Clovertown, Harlan, Lawnvale, Sookey Ridge, parts of Keith, Baxter, Gatun, Rosspoint, Putney, Dillon, Laden Trail, Little Shepherd Trail, Bledsoe, Pine Mountain, Big Laurel, Tacky Town, Stoney Fork|
|Tuesday||District 2||Bill Moore||Brookside, Ages, Verda, Jones Creek, Ten Spot, Kildav, Draper, Evarts, Redbud, Pounding Mill, Kenvir, Black Mountain, Dizney, Baileys Creek, River Ridge, Colts, Shields, Ridgeway, Benito, Highsplint, Louellen, Black Bottom, Closplint, Rileyville, Clover-Darby, Georgetown, Rutherford, Holmes Mill|
|Wednesday||District 3||Paul Browning||Nolansburg, Totz, Dione, Hiram, Clutts, Sandhill, Blair, Cloverlick, Looney Creek, Cumberland, Benham, Lynch|
|Thursday||District 4||Jim Roddy||Sunshine, Dressen, Lower Elcomb, Upper Elcomb, Teetersville, Little Creek at Catrons Creek, Catrons Valley, Mary Alice, Pansy (Gulston), Yancey, Stanfill, Bardo, Liggett, Grays Knob, Farmers Mill, Neff, Chevrolet, Lenarue, Mary Helen (Coalgood), Bobs Creek, Cawood, Little Creek at Cawood, Three Point, Days Branch, Smith, Crummies, Cranks|
|Friday||District 5||James F. Howard||Parts of Lawnvale, Loyall, Blackbottom, Rio Vista, Parts of Keith, Fresh Meadows, Wilhoit & Dayhoit, Tremont, Watts Creek, Sawbriar, Longton, Daniels Mountain, Wallins, Around the World, Mexico Addition, Happy Top, Kentenia, Twila, Creechs, Coldiron, Layman, Foresters Creek, Terrys Fork, Jesses Creek, Dixie Town, Molus, Pathfork|